Getting Started

Keith Rowling Driver Training teaching car

Before driving on the public road it is necessary to hold a provisional driving licence. You will need to complete the application form, D1, which can be found at your local Post Office, or you can apply online on the Government’s website.

Once you have your licence you are ready to start lessons, so give me a call on 07958 697284 and I’ll see where I can fit you into my diary.

Driving Theory Test

Before you apply to take a practical driving test you must pass the theory test, so the sooner you make a start on studying the sooner the better. There are a huge number of resources available to help you study for the theory test, but the most important is The Highway Code. There is a free version available online on the Government’s website.

If you are a member of Surrey Libraries you can use Theory Test Pro website for free, just login via the Surrey County Council libraries virtual library website.

When you are ready apply for your theory test apply through the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) website. There are some websites out there which will charge you for doing this and may not be secure. I would recommend that you only use the DVSA site.

Call 07958 697284 now and take the next step to passing that test! I look forward to hearing from you.